A homeschool convention is a great place to come together to learn and meet others who are homeschooling. However, conventions can also be overwhelming. As new families walk in for the first time, they feel excitement but also stress as they see the many choices.
I would like to simply encourage those who plan to attend a homeschool convention and hopefully calm some of those fearful feelings.
10 Encouragement Tips for Homeschool Conventions
- Pray for wisdom.
- Plan for fun.
- Plan to look.
- Plan to gather info.
- Plan to get a good deal.
- Plan to walk away to think.
- Plan to check with a mentor.
- Plan to get what fits you and your family.
- Plan to stick with your decision long term.
- Plan to have a great year.
8 Tips for Choosing Workshops
If you are attending a conference where there are lots of workshops,
- seek those workshops taught by homeschool moms and dads.
- seek those workshops taught by veteran homeschoolers.
- seek those workshops taught by homeschool graduates.
- seek the topics you need help with most.
- seek the topics that fit your needs.
- seek the topics that relate to your struggles.
- seek the topics that relate to your desires.
- seek those encouragement driven workshops.
Find me at a Homeschool Convention near you or online
I plan to be at several Teach Them Diligently Conventions this year!
I have had opportunities to speak at several conventions over the years and enjoy being able to share from my journey. Look for me this year. Contact me for locations.
Also you can find more here too. Eujeana Chism Speaker
Here are some ideas from others I have found:
Do you attend a convention in your town? And what do you like about attending that homeschool convention near you?