BJU Press Distance Learning is a tool for our homeschool. It is so important to find tools to use in homeschool to still allow us to be a family as we educate our children academically. That can be a challenge in today’s busy life. Taking time to consider all the tools available to us is just as important as the content. Homeschooling is much different than the traditional school classroom. There are many variables that need to be considered. It is not just about teaching. Using a Homeschool Distance Learning program can be a great asset to anyone’s homeschool tool chest.
As a homeschool parent, we must think through all the activities and dynamics of our circumstances as we decide on the curriculum and tools. I have four children. If I were to teach each child on their level, that would be a total of 32 subjects each day; so our solution was Distance Learning Videos. It is an engaging, affordable, high-quality option with great teachers and a Biblical worldview. What a great encouragement to have help teaching rigorous content and critical thinking skills directly to my child!
Seven Reason Distance Learning Works for us.
- Distance Learning videos allowed our family to meet each individual student’s academic need at their grade level.
- We wanted each child to have opportunity to excel individually in each subject at their level.
- Distance Learning videos allowed me time to focus with each child individually in areas they were weak in while the others were still learning.
- Each child is unique and had different areas of need that I had time to focus on without worrying about the other children getting behind.
- Distance Learning videos freed up my time, so I could better manage an entire household instead of just the homeschool classroom.
- For most of us, eating out all the time isn’t an option. Distance learning program gave me the opportunity to provide home cooked meals, as well as clean, do laundry, and other household duties. the video classes are a huge time saver.
- Distance Learning videos gave us the peace of mind that my students were excelling beyond what I knew.
- Thankful for the teachers on the videos who have the education and study in the subject to present them efficiently. I even used the videos to help me know how to teach the lesson myself when I felt I needed to teach one on one.
- Distance Learning videos de-stressed our home….it actually allowed me to “let go” giving them more independence and responsibility.
- So thankful for the preparations the distance learning provided our children for their future.
- Distance Learning videos brought technology and virtual field trips into our classroom
- The places my children have been to via video is more than we could ever imagine to take. We have travel through 39 of the states over our homeschool journey, but they have been so much farther via the videos.
- Distance Learning videos gave us much needed family time rather than all day in the academics.
- Since it saved me so much time in prep work, we had much more time to enjoy each other and train those life skills that are so important to adulthood as well.
What is the Best Distance Learning available?
All of these reason led us to what we think is the best distance learning program for homeschool families. What did we choose? We chose and used BJU Press for over 20 years in our homeschool journey. My husband and I are so grateful for their commitment to education. The academic quality and rigor focusing on critical thinking and biblical worldview is just an amazing addition to any homeschool.
Now that our children are grown and pursuing their future, we see them utilizing the critical thinking and reasoning skills in their life decisions. What a joy to watch them use the things they learned during those foundational years. It is such a blessing to know that our choices have benefited their future in more ways than we ever thought possible. We wanted a curriculum that was tried and proven. We found it, and it proved to be very successful for our family.
If you would like to know more about our curriculum choice, feel free to contact me. I would love to help you through your journey as well.
My Device Picks for Distance Learning
- Portable DVD Player
- Laptop (I like a Mac best now but we used PCs too)
- Desktop Computer (Bigger screen)
- Apple TV Device (this mirrors the image video to the TV)
How do we manage all the roles we have as mom’s? Overwhelmed by Homeschool and Home
Wondering how to survive with a traditional curriculum? Traditional, Boxed, Complete Homeschooling Curriculum and How it Worked for Us
Do you use distance learning? Did you know you can use it for just one subject or two subjects? It doesn’t have to be every subject. I started out with just Science and History. Then I realized how valuable it was to have a substitute teacher available for the other subjects when “life happened” during the school year. What a blessing to have that substitute teacher at my finger tips to help me when I needed them most. For the DVDs we used small portable DVD players that could go with us anywhere.
Don’t get stuck in a rut. Please realize there are options to choose from out here. We just need to seek them out. The homeschool journey should be a joy not a struggle.
Philippians 4:13 ” I can do all things through Christ which strengthenth me.”
CLICK HERE to purchase directly from the publisher using our affiliate link.